Managing pain, whether it’s short-term or chronic, is an issue for many Americans. Not only does medication exclusively address the symptoms of pain, but there’s also the danger of becoming addicted to pain tablets. In the U.S., addiction to opioids is a very real and ever-increasing problem.
Your local chiropractor can provide more natural pain relief. Dr. Jodi Cappello has been helping clients heal in a natural way since she founded her practice, Cappello Chiropractic, in 2011. If you live in Verona, NJ, be sure to visit this full-service chiropractic healthcare clinic.
Which Type of Pain Can a Chiropractor Help With?
There are many different reasons why you may be experiencing pain. Since chiropractors target the cause of your pain, and not just the symptoms, their treatments bring about long-term and natural pain relief.
Dr. Cappello is well-versed in treating neck and back pain, and sports, work, and auto injuries. She also treats patients who are suffering from:
- Sciatica: Compression of the nerves that lead into the legs, usually at their point of origin in the lower back, can cause shocks, tingling, or numbness.
- Degenerative disc disease: You may develop degenerative disc disease, which is when your spinal discs start to degenerate, because of aging or injury.
- Fibromyalgia: This ill-understood disease causes chronic pain throughout the body, and more specifically in the joints.
- Headaches: Since most headaches are caused by tension or dysfunction in the head, shoulders, and neck, chiropractors can provide effective treatments.
- Joint dysfunction: Joints can become stiff and painful due to aging, poor posture, and injury, to name a few causes.
- Pinched nerves: Pinched nerves can happen because of herniated discs and spinal misalignments.
How Can a Chiropractor Relieve Pain?
Chiropractors believe in providing holistic treatments for their patients. As opposed to medication, which only provides symptomatic relief, chiropractic treatments allow your body to heal in a natural way.
One of the ways in which chiropractors do this is through spinal manipulation. By removing any obstacles or impingements to the nervous system, which carries messages to and from your brain, a chiropractor can improve your well-being dramatically.
Why You Should Opt for Cappello Chiropractic
Since Dr. Cappello wants to learn what the root cause of your pain is, she will ask about your lifestyle, history, and current health issues during the initial appointment.
She will also perform a comprehensive evaluation and will then design a custom treatment plan for you. Depending on what the cause of your pain is, Dr. Cappello’s treatment may involve a combination of chiropractic adjustments, nutritional counseling, massage therapy, and therapeutic exercise.
Take the first step towards living a pain-free life and book a consultation at Cappello Chiropractic in Verona, NJ, by calling 973-306-0043.